Prayer of Saint Francis

Prayer of Saint Francis
Where there is hatred, let me sow love and, where there is darkness, let me bring light.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Vision


 
Today I was talking to a lady with a friend who has a blind dog. She says the friend allows the dog to snap at people and she thinks the friend should keep the dog away from people before someone gets hurt. While I talked to her, I was of the mind that people should be afraid of the dog. But later, I was meditating with my dogs and got a different perspective.

Suddenly, I could see the world through the “eyes” of that dog. The world was dark and blurry and the dog was shivering. It was scared to death when it heard unfamiliar voices. I saw the necessity for the dog to feel safe. I envisioned a pink flannel (the color for kindness) in a kennel with a nice knuckle bone. The dog needs the sides of the kennel to be able to navigate where it is. It needs the knuckle bone so it can enjoy life and not have to worry about its blindness. The world is different when you see it through the eyes of a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment