Prayer of Saint Francis

Prayer of Saint Francis
Where there is hatred, let me sow love and, where there is darkness, let me bring light.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Praying for Puppy Doe

  

I was sickened to read that this puppy sustained more than seventeen injuries after being given away on Craigslist last September. Her tongue was split, her eye was stabbed, and she was half the weight she should have been. After giving my foster dog away to someone over the weekend, this story is particularly disturbing. My foster dog was given to a kind-hearted man. She got the best home possible but I still feel the weight of the responsibility I had in choosing which home she went to.

When Russell was about to take her home, Dizza looked confused. She looked at me and seemed to say, "I love you so why am I going with him? What is happening to me?" Fostering is a tough job but someone has to do it.

Puppy Doe's story has destroyed me, left me totally heartbroken. May the sick bastard who did this have the same thing done to him in hell. I wish the worst for him, the absolute worst. I've adopted damaged  pit bulls, but none have been treated this badly. Euthanasia was unfortunately the only option because even if she did survive her multiple injuries, behaviorally she would never be right. She'd probably turn vicious around the age of four years. May you rest in peace, precious soul. No one can ever hurt you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment