Prayer of Saint Francis

Prayer of Saint Francis
Where there is hatred, let me sow love and, where there is darkness, let me bring light.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Latest Success Story

For more than 12 years, I volunteered at the San Diego County Department of Animal Services in Carlsbad and various other shelters and rescues throughout the county. My work became known as "Melinda's Magic" because when I spent one to three hours a day for two or three consecutive days with a particular dog, it would get adopted after languishing there for weeks or months. I devised my own healing strategy that seemed to work. Three years ago, I began attending services at Harmony Grove Spiritualist Association. The mediums there who didn't know me and didn't know each other continually pointed out the fact that I was "gifted," a "healer" or that I had a lot of electricity when they touched my aura.

Yesterday, I had one of my most amazing stories yet. I'd been fostering a little wire-haired fox terrier. She growled at other people and dogs but not me. She did a lot of nervous chewing particularly if she was kept in a kennel too long.

I did a healing on her right away. I spread a blanket on the floor, burned some sage, lit a candle, and put on Native American flute music. A few minutes later, she was curled up on the floor in a ball. After that, she got along fine with my dogs. I also prayed on my knees that she would find an owner who would love her unconditionally.

Two days later, I received an e-mail from the rescue saying that someone was interested in the dog. He came from LA to see her yesterday and I was impressed by his kindness and the love in his heart. He held her face in his hands and called her his girl. I knew he was the one. I could only hope that he would see it too.

After interacting with her for an hour or so, he wanted me to ride with him and the dog to go out for lunch. He wanted me along so she would feel safer. He was very considerate of her and I was impressed. But I have to say that as a victim of sexual assault, it was difficult for me to trust anybody. I realized then how much we expect of these dogs. Dizza had to go home with a complete stranger and I only had to ride a short way with him. So for her sake, and the fact that the guy is gay, I got in the car and had a very nice lunch. Dizza, who came from Mexico, who was adopted out and returned to the rescue for trying to chew her way out of a kennel, rode home in the back of a Mercedes and will be hiking in the Hollywood Hills.

God bless Russell and God bless Dizza. I will keep them in my prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment